Monday, May 09, 2005

Salsa Files....

You all must know by now that I'm notorious for lengthy posts! So I'm going to try to make the bolded lines deal a regular thing for all of you with attention spans like Beg & Ja-me! So if you dont really want to read the whole thing, just read the bolded lines for an overview, then come back later to read the whole thing!!


Beg, you left out so much from your last post! Go HERE to read it.


First off Beg is also an excellent dancer (singer, song writer, guitar player, not to mention having the uncanny ability to shop for 4 + hours straight at forever 21!) . She's being way too modest. She seems to believe she's just an average dancer, but one of our fellow students (who I consider to be an expert) told me that we both are pretty good when you consider how long we've actively been learning.


The night we went to tha Down Low club in Berkeley, Beg and I both ended up having to dance with our instructor. It was soooo nerve racking! He kept telling me to relax and have fun. I responded by yelling at him, "How can I relax?? I'm dancing with my freakin' teacher!!! STOP JUDGING ME!!!" He told me he wasnt judging me, but I'm no fool!

Beg told me that when she danced with the instructor he kept turning away from her to laugh! I know that's not true because I was watching and she did great!

Oh! One last note on Club night last week - we both danced with this little hyper guy. When he was dancing alone he was quite impressive. It's when he had to interact with others that we had the problem. I cant even explain how he was dancing! I cant do him justice! All I can say is that he was constantly on his tippy-toes swirling around and doing some sort of jerky "I'm hopped up on X" movements.

It was so confusing that I ended up accidentally scratching him in the eye, stepping on his foot, and hitting him in the head with my elbow. It must've looked like he was being attacked on the dance floor. At one point he yelled, "MY EYE!!! MY EYE!!!"

Now onto my dance partner(s):
(A recount of the events that occurred)

Cuban Salsa Guy~
Beg is completely on the money as far as the fact that my first dance partner is one of the few...lets just say he was probably the only attractive male in our class.

On the last day of class, Beg went to the restroom in order to escape from Chicken Man for the umpteenth time. While she was gone Salsa guy walked over to talk to me. He asked me if I wanted to go out and practice what we've learned sometimes. He mentioned that he had been wanting to ask me since the first day of class but he kept forgetting. Riiiight.

By that time Beg had come back and was sitting with her cell phone glued to her face...now I know that she was faking it!! I turned to her and told her that Salsa guy and I were gonna be dance partners. We then exchanged numbers.

This is the tricky part. He suggested we exchange numbers. I gave him my number, and I told him my name (in case he'd forgotten) as well as the spelling. He turned to look at me intently and said, "I know your name Chops" (of course he used my real name). I was blown. Did that mean I was supposed to know his???

He called my phone so that I could save his number. I began the process of saving his number, and when it was time to enter his name I turned to look at him expectantly. He proceeded to talk about other stuff as though the exchange had been completed. I sat there baffled. I closed my phone without adding his name and continued the conversation.

I realize that I'm a complete and utter dork for not asking him for his name, so constant reminders from blog world friends is not necessary....welcome, but not necessary.

So Cuban Salsa Guy and I began to get a little better acquainted. He told me he used to play guitar in a Cuban band (this is why Beg thinks he's Cuban) and that he was majoring, or had majored in Music. I thought this was really cool since I love music and guitar. I'm thinking he could give me some extra pointers (on the guitar freaks!).

On the way home I saved Cuban Salsa's guys number under "Salsa". Sad, huh? Well the worst part is that he just called me yesterday while I was rushing to go to the Maroon 5 concert. I was excited. I admit it. I was finally going to know this mans name! I let the call go to voicemail since I was running so late and I didnt want to be rude on the phone. Little did I know....my freaking voicemail was full!!! How sick is that!! My voicemail is filled with friends and family (mainly Beg) leaving song telegrams! They're hilarious and I dont want to delete them!!

So now I gotta either wait to see if he'll call again, or call him myself and run the risk of not knowing his name for lord only knows how much longer! I would feel like an idiot asking for his name now!!! It's too late!

Indian Salsa Guy is different because he knew to spell his name out. See! No problems there! I dont know when I'm going to be able to find time to practice with both guys. I just have no clue.

This Sunday was supposed to be the day I go dancing with Cuban Salsa Guy, but I forgot it's Mothers Day, so I gotta let him know soon. I dont know if I should call him to reschedule. I would rather wait till he calls again and let him announce himself. Oh Lawd! What the hell should I do???

I didnt want to end it this way, but there it is. I just wanted to expound on Beg's post.

Always in love...unless you arrogantly think that you're so memorable and important that your name could never be forgotten by semi-strangers! You missed the hint... me telling you my name again is the ultimate hint!!! I miss the days of the pen and the pad, when people would simply shove the pad & pen into the other persons hand and tell them to write all their info down!!

Lambchop~

2 comments:

AMES said...

How about text him? and sign your name, mayble he'll do the same.

ManNMotion said...

You mean Chops isn't your real name? I've been hoodwinked!

Isn't there a Seinfeld episode where he can't remember his girl's name? You're in trouble here, I think you just need to come clean..or call the dance school and ask for the class list.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost