Saturday, August 20, 2005

Welcome Home?



THE GOOD NEWS: Praise God!!!! I am finally a home (condo) owner!!!! Thanks for all of your nice thoughts and prayers.

THE BAD NEWS: In some strange way he was right...I either have a roommate or a squatter, you decide.

ARE YOU CURIOUS ABOUT THE PICTURES? First I have a question for you... Do you think that a man who cuts up his boxers with a pocket knife, then leaves them in the middle of the living room floor should be allowed to roam the streets freely or should someone give him a nice white jacket (with very long sleeves), a mask, and a padded room?

SHORT EXPLANATION: The above pictures are what I was greeted with as I walked into my new residence for the first time. The top picture is the filthy couch I talked about in the prior post, the one on the left is a picture of a tire and a vacuum left in one of the hallway closets, and the one on the right is a pair of the previous owner's boxers that I think he either left as a threat or a gift...I'm not really sure.

LONG EXPLANATION: By the grace of God I was able to get all of the missing paperwork in by the deadline and close escrow on time. I arrived fifteen minutes early for my walk through (which is a miracle in itself according to most of my friends). As I walked towards the door I got the feeling that things were not going to go as smoothly as my realtor originally led me to believe. The first thing I noticed was that the blinds were closed (in the middle of the day). As we walked through the door I was once again overcome by that terrible odor. As I went into the kitchen I was surprised to see that the previous owner had made a pitiful attempt at cleaning. All of the garbage was picked up off the floor and most of his tattered filthy furniture was gone. My realtor was under the impression that the previous owner was finally gone but....Of course not! He was once again asleep on the nasty couch (see above picture). When his realtor arrived he got up and stated that he was in the process of moving out and that he would be completely out by 9am the next day. He also made sure to point out everything that needed to be repaired (it was an as-is sale) in a somewhat coherent manner. So, the walk through wasn't all that great with him as a shadow but I figured it could have been worse right???

IT GETS WORSE: The next day my realtor calls and says the magic words, "Come get the keys it's yours!" I filled out the last of the mountains of paperwork, got my keys, and excitedly headed to my new home. Problem #1: None of my keys fit any of the door locks. Problem #2: I didn't get a remote to the gate. Problem #3: I didn't get a key to the mailbox (and have no idea where it is). To say that I was upset would be an understatement but instead of freaking out I called a locksmith and went shopping for new flooring. An hour and $300 dollars later the locksmith picked the door lock, replaced several locks and let me in.....or should I say broke in. Welcome home.

IT GETS WORSER (yes, I know that isn't a word) : The first thing I noticed when I walked in was a tire and a vacuum cleaner stacked in the hall closet (see above left picture). Then I walked into the bathroom and found a wet towel on the sink, open deodorant (I'm not sure why it was open because it's evident that he never used it) and a plugged in electric razor. I looked in all of the cabinets and closets and found out that the garbage I thought he had disposed of was simply hidden in new spots. He had actually moved more of his belongings in since my walk through instead of moving things out. Idiot! I also started getting nervous because I thought he was possibly hiding somewhere in the area. As I walked into the living room I saw that his couch (see middle picture) was still there but he was nowhere to be found. I. WAS. FURIOUS. I called my realtor and lost it.

IT GETS WORSER-ER:I won't bore you with all the details but I will say that I have one huge mess on my hands. According to my realtor the previous owners realtor can't seem to find him. He took his money and ran. She has been able to contact one of his brother who says he will pay for the costs of disposing of the crap that was left behind but he refuses to put it in writing. I wanted to dump it all but according to the local police I have to store that jackasses belongings for a minimum of 30 days and make reasonable allowances for him to pick it up if he so chooses. I planned on painting, pulling out the carpet, and remodeling the bathroom before moving in but that is going to be hard with all of his crap laying around. I'm also nervous that he will show up again once I actually move in. I feel like my whole life is up in the air right now so I guess only time will tell how this all works out......Off to the gun store.


YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?????- Today my mom called to tell me that she and my uncle were going to bag up all of the crap that the freak left behind and put it on my deck until I figure out what I'm going to do. She said that when she arrived a fire fighter advised her that half of the building burned down last night but the fire stopped right before it reached my unit. I wonder if Mr.Cranker set the fire. I also found out that I have a storage unit that I was never advised about. Apparently it was padlocked and he has possibly been living in it. Somebody pinch me please......


30 comments:

ManNMotion said...

Smile...this is the joys of home ownership. What would I do? I'd dump his stuff. If he has 30 days to get it, and it's not there, you can lie (not my choice), or just say it's gone. If he wants remuneration (this is NOT qualified legal advice) he'll have to go to small claims court, where you, with your pics of everything, including the trash, can argue that it was virtually worthless but you are willing, out of the goodness of your heart, to give him $100 for his trouble. Maybe you want write a check to your parents to show that it actually COST you money to get rid of his stuff.

I'm glad you got the locks changed, now go get a big dog bowl and put it outside your back door, and a beware of dog sight to put in your front and back window.

Seriously, when is the house warming party?

Butta said...

Girl, you are better than me because my scary tail wouldn't be brave enough. I do agree that you should get a big dog named Killer along with Brinks and ADT.

Anonymous said...

I saw it...but now that the process has gone through you will be protected-you are blessed. Did you ask the cops if you can get a restraining order or some type of order of protection? Lie if you have to. Note to self, hook BEG up with very large, muscular boyfriend ASAP!

AMES said...

You know he has cash currently. I say hurry up and take him to small claims court, to charge him for storage costs, if you store it, and the cost to dump the junk.

I think that is crazy that you have to store his junk. I know nothing about the law in that area, but it doesn't sound right. You bought the place as is, that means its your job to make the place your home.

Those police might be getting mixed up with the procedures for eviction. I'm gonna ask someone and I'll send you an email.

Maddie said...

The picture of the soiled couch is terrifying. It may not seem like it, but perhaps the keys you were given not working was a blessing in disguise. Now you (and only you) have access to your new place. Wouldn't want "MisterAngryAtHisBoxerShorts" showing up unannounced. Congrats on getting yourself into the market in the bay area!!

B.E.G said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
B.E.G said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
B.E.G said...

@-mannmotion- Thanks for the advice and... I'll let you know.

@-A.H Rostami and butta- Yeah, I think I do need a dog.

@-kelly- I love the Buffalo Stance!!!! But, his nasty couch is on the porch so you'll have to do it out front instead.

@- Anonymous- I guess I should have listened to you the first time around. The cops said that my situation does not warrant a restraining order but we'll see about that. "Large muscular boyfriend"....Now that is a great idea!

@-C2A- If I can find him small claims court will be my next stop. Any info you can get would be greatly appreciated :-)

@-SK- Leave your crazy pit bull at home please.... But, you are more than welcome to help me paint. I'll call U.

@-Melliferous Pants- You are right about the keys and thanks!

Rainmayun said...

um... wow. I'm not sure I want to be prescient in this regard... messing with a junkie is scary. In hindsight, the junkie's realtor is a greedy fool... of COURSE he ran off with the money, that is what junkies do. Very good that you got the locks changed, and if you are serious about that gun, make sure you know how and when to use it. Good luck, and congratulations on becoming a homeowner!

courtney said...

*mouth drop*...DAMN..and I thought I had a bad weekend....*lays hands* WOO WOO, WOO WOO.....it's GONNA be alright...

I would be living somewhere else until i knew old boy was gone...or I'd have someone come stay with me...I'm too much of a scaredy cat...a Storage Unit that you didnt know about? PROLLY CAUSE he planned on living in it until he could skip town...smh...

TheSaga said...

LMAO!!! damn, what luck!!! well, at least u got ur place. look, BEG, fuck all that court shit. just dump that dude's shit, get an alarm on every window and door, buy a 12 gauge, and blast a hole into the muthafucka's lungs if he tries to get back in the house, then wish him a good day. problem solved, plain and simple.

DatFuule said...

Wow. Big ups on ownership. The craaazy junkie ex owner really puts my prior owner issues in perspective.

Good luck, and straight shooting if need be.

Chops said...

I forgot to tell you this over the phone, but we need to get together to get our stories straight. You need an alibi for next Thursday at about 11pm.

I'm going...I mean, I have a feeling that some deranged lunatic is going to break into your condo on Thursday at about 11pm and steal all of your squatter’s sh*t and toss it into a lake.

It's probably some silly teenagers pulling pranks in the area....Just make sure you have receipts for that day and that plenty of people see you.

Chops (the semi-self proclaimed psychic)~

DramaFree said...

Congrats on becoming a homeowner!! It seems like there's no such thing as a stress free closing. If you see that old dirty rat lurking around your storage area, call the cops...he's trespassing. Then proceed to kicking his mofo ass!!

Anonymous said...

Internet
It was a Friday afternoon for the computer encryption folks at RSA Security Inc., and summertime greenery filled the countryside view from Art Coviello's office.
There was nothing I wanted to watch on TV today so I decide to do some surfing and came upon your interesting site. Interestingly enough, I have my own blog about niche sites.

Anonymous said...

Coming to a Blogger blog near you: Bloggerbowling
The SEO Black Hat Blog has coined a new phrase that describes what is about to hit Blogger blogs due to the new flag feature that allows readers to censor blogs they might not agree with: Bloggerbowling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don't blame the lettuce. You look for reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce. Yet if we have problems with our friends or family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like the lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade using reason and argument. That is my experience. No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding. If you understand, and you show that you understand, you can love, and the situation will change."

Thich Nhat Hanh

laser hair removal site/blog. It pretty much covers laser hair removal related stuff.

B.E.G said...

Hot damn girls we don hit the big time...comment spam! He-HE

TheSaga said...

better add on that Anon restriction.

AMES said...

These spam folks have blogs, they junked up my blog and have addresses. I do know blogsome allows you to delete the messages.

Maddie said...

I'm down to help Lambchop with her plan, er, uh, non-plan.

Spammers SUCK, big time!

ManNMotion said...

LOL I'm sorry but spamming for Dog Agility Training is stupid hilarious!!!

Bullet Proof Diva said...

I figured it out! YOU are on the MTV show Boiling Point!! Yea that's it! Gurl make them give you our 100 bucks! You lasted a long time without shanking anyone or using profanity!! LOL!

ok seriously, I know that when it is all said and done, you will be in your lovely new home, appreciating it even more because of ALL that you went through! Bless your heart!

Hang in there! Let em know you ain't no punk!

LadyLee said...

Your move was a trip. And what trips me out is you are trying to do the right thing by keeping dudes stuff. Me? I'd truck that stuff on outta there! Hit the Good Will and get a receipt for taxes (Can't you tell I've done that before...LOL) If he comes back... Oh well... Someone stole your stuff, dude!

AMES said...

Coley, B.E.G.,Chops, if anyone feels in the moving spirit, I've got a few rooms that need to be packed up and taken to my sisters house.

Let me know if you want to having a moving party for me too.

MEP said...

Holy cow - I would be pissed! I would be setting traps for him and hiding behind corners to catch him. That's creepy!

Disco said...

Hey lady! Just cruised on by and thought I'd leave a lil comment. I can tell you....after alllll you went through, I think I'da thrown ALLLLL his shyt OUT into the dumpster and SWEAR that he had taken it BEFORE he signed the purchase agreement and it became M.I.N.E. LOL

And I don't even blame you for being "off the the gun store"! LOL

princessdominique said...

Girl its your very own placenow though. Congrats. Now you can hose/spray it down.

Maddie said...

Update, please? Has the furious boxer short shredder been back for his garbage?

Dayrell said...

congrats on your new condo.

Jez Chill said...

Aren't buy "as-is" sales always filled with surprises? Hope everything works out.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost