Monday, January 26, 2004

In today's addition of my quest to become a professional singer I responded to one of the many adds placed on craigslist . The person who placed the add was looking for background singers for some type of R and B Neo-soul band that I have never heard of. The band performs every weekend at a small bar called "Mingles" in Jack London Square. In the add he stated that he was looking for "sapranos for tight harmonies behind a tight lounge band" Okay so here is my first issue.....What exactly is a "saprano"? You would think that if he was looking for a soprano he would at least know how to spell it. Second question.....How many times can you use the word "tight" in one sentence? (and why would you ever want to!?) The fact that I still responded is a reminder of how desperate I actually am (although I am secretly hoping that they don't respond). I really need to start following my intuition so that I don't end up in so many strange situations. Anyway I've made it through another LLLLOOONNNG (50 HOUR) work week and its my Friday or your Tuesday. I really don't have any weekend plans besides a nice long hike around Lake Chabot and perhaps some shopping with Rama. (and of course OT at work) Thank God I have a job that offers so much overtime to support my horrible shopping habit.....Well as Tigger say TTFN.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost