Monday, December 13, 2004

GREAT!

I have a confession to make. Until the Vibe awards a few week ago I had a small crush on Young Buck. I think it had something to do with that "Shorty Wanna Ride" song. I usually don't go for the ignorant thug type but for him I made an exception . I think it's because he seems so aggressive, rugged, and different from what I'm usually attracted to. I guess I have a bit of a thing for aggressive men..... I'm getting excited just thinking about it :-). Anyway, that's over now. The whole stabbing, fighting, warrant thing killed it and I have a new crush! John Legend!!! He is sssooo cute!! ( giggle- giggle) Once again I'm stepping outside of my dating/attraction guidelines. (must be at least 6 Ft tall, gainfully employed, and able to carry on an intelligent conversation, I usually don't take my ebonics dictionary with me so this is important. I have several others but that's enough for now) He meets most of the afore mentioned criteria however he is almost a foot below the height requirement. I guess we all have to make exceptions from time to time. Anyway, his show was great. You would think I'd be able to come up with a more descriptive word but great sums its up nicely....great band, great songs, great background singers, great stage presence, great. I swear if I ever date a man who can sing and play piano or any other instrument I'm going to be in big trouble...so is he for that matter. Not only was the show great the rest of the night was great as well. Prior to the show we had dinner at Houston's where I drank the biggest Gin/Vodka martini I've ever seen. My memory is a bit foggy after that point. (I suppose the extra drinks at the show didn't help either) I forgot my camera at home so the only pictures I have came from a camera phone but I guess I'll include them anyway.


While we're on the subject of music I have a question. A friend and I were trying to figure out WTF Lil Wayne is talking about during his verse in Destiny's child's song "Soldier"? You know that part where he says:

Hey, see cash money is a army

I'm walkin' wit purple hearts on me

You talkin' to the sergeant

Body marked up like the subway in Harlem

Call him, weezy f baby, please say the baby (WHAT????!)

If you don't see me on the block I ain't tryna hide blend in wit the hood, I'm camouflage

Bandana tied, so mommy join my troop

Now every time she hear my name she salute

I don't know why I care.....He probably doesn't even know himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandy, It's Nichole... U better back up off my man or we're gonna have to fight. Ha Ha just kidding we'll share our unatainable infatuation

Anonymous said...

Wow. You like 'em thugs, huh? :-) Funny, I kind of pictured you with the straight laced type. You da woman BEG.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost