Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Another Fast Food Tragedy! @ ARBY'S!!

Hey All! I've been way out of it lately so I havent taken the time to get the random thoughts out. Still working on the post on our friendship. Soon!!!!!! In the meantime, here is another disturbing example on why fast food sucks!!!!


Lawsuit Says Man Found Skin In Sandwich

POSTED: 7:29 am PDT April 26, 2005

DAYTON, Ohio -- A man is suing a fast-food restaurant operator for more than $50,000, claiming he found a slice of skin on his chicken sandwich.
David Scheiding filed the lawsuit in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court on April 1 after rejecting a settlement offer from GZK Inc., his lawyer said. GZK owns the Arby's restaurant in Tipp City where he bought the sandwich.

Scheiding, of Troy, said he realized something wasn't right when he bit into the sandwich on June 18 and found a piece of flesh about three-fourths of an inch long.

"It looked like I was seeing fingerprints on it," he said. "I got sick and went to the bathroom."
Miami County health investigators talked to the restaurant manager, who had a bandage on his right thumb and wore a latex glove, according to a health district report. The manager said he sliced skin from the thumb while shredding lettuce, and sanitized the area but didn't throw away the bin of lettuce, the report said. Scheiding's sandwich contained lettuce.

"Why wasn't the food searched, and why wasn't it thrown away?" said Scheiding's lawyer, Hank Hyde.

Christine Koeller, vice president of marketing and communications with GZK, said what happened was unintentional.

"(The manager) did destroy product that was in and around the slicer immediately, and did everything that he thought was appropriate to do," Koeller said.

5 comments:

AMES said...

I heard about this one. But nothing we eat is clean. The View had some lady that said, feces is on toothbrushes because when people flush the particles become airborne.

Now when I'm in public places and flush I think about them feces flying around and getting on my clothes. The world is an unclean place.

ManNMotion said...

I seeing a canibalistic theme in your blog

Shawn said...

A little skin 'ain't' never hurt 'nobody.'

Chops said...

@ Call2Arms- Great! Now I'll have to be like Ja-me and only use the bathroom at home!!!

@Coley- LOL! You should be happy to know! What if you ate at the unclean place? Would you rather continue to unknowingly eat the smutt they shove into your face??

@Mannmotion- Right you are...but it wasnt my intention to be so transparent!

@Shawn- What can I say? I LMBO when I read your comment!

@Lizzie- Thanks for visiting! I agree, I still havent gone back to eat chilli at Wendys!

Jez Chill said...

Oh no, not again. And I just ate ate at Arby's. If you put enough sauce on it, you'd never know.... just a rough piece of roast beef. He wasn't eating it right. I'm Shawn, a lil skin never hurt anybody. We're probably ingesting a whole lot worse... as C2A pointed out.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost