Monday, May 31, 2004

Things that suck!

Thanks to a terrible migrane and allergies my 3 days off turned into 4. Being sick is always a special treat for me.....When I miss a day at work it usually means that several people are working really long (up to 15 hour) shifts to make up the difference. It also means that if they had any plans they're canceled. You would think that once you'd called in for the day (or night in my case) and got back into the bed again the worst part is over. WRONG!!! That's when the fun begins. First there's guilt. Guilt, because you're not at work and feel like you are possibly the laziest whiner on earth. Next up to bat...Paranoia. What if my phone rings, and its work, and I don't hear the phone, so I don't answer cause I'm sleeping, or what if they send someone to my house, just to make sure that I am actually at home,(and not just playing hookie) and I'm at the pharmacy picking up medicine, and then I have to write a memo explaining why I needed to pick up tampons and tylenol to the chief of police, or what if.....You get the idea the list goes on and on... If I make it through the first two stages then I start thinking about what everyone is saying..."She not actually sick!" "I bet she's out having a great time somewhere!" "That was the best excuse she could come up with..pathetic!" Then on top of all that if you forget to look at your schedule (which I did)and find out later in the worst way possible that you were suppose to be working for someone else who is now stuck at work.(and understandably not too happy about it) Well that was my sick time/weekend in a nutshell. How was yours?

1 comments:

ListenToLeon.net said...

Don't beat yourself up @ BEG. If you were sick, then you were sick. I get the same way sometimes...but if you're genuinely under the weather, than you need to do what's best for you.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost