Tuesday, March 23, 2004

It's 3:46am and I am Sssssoooo SSSSSlllleeeeeppppyyyy!!!! I'm in my usual spot (my desk at work) with 1 hours 14 minutes, 30 seconds to go, trying to decide if I will be going to the gym when I get off. I have been exposed to a whole new element of people who work out daily. There is the ridiculously muscular man who never seems to leave. I think he may actually live there! Then we have the elderly fellow who wears a white wife beater (tank top) and grey spandex pants that expose ALL of his business ( if you know what I mean). In 2 months of consistent work outs I have yet to see him in a different outfit. Next on the line-up we have the 80 Lbs (when soaking wet) female who prances from machine to machine and stays on just long enough to not break a sweat then, its on to the next one. I guess we will call her "The Gym Bunny". If I were a betting women I would bet that her last 15 dates were people she met at the gym. There is also and elderly female who works out on the weekends. I think she and the elderly gentleman have some type of side relationship going on but I don't have any proof of that just yet. At exactly 5:45 each morning she walks out of the women's locker room with a determined look in her eye, wearing a large tank top (no bra) and a pair of very large dingy white underwear (you know, the old lady kind that also expose all of her business). She walks the same path everyday, around the treadmills, past the sit up bench, past the weight machines to the scale located exactly in the center of the room. She weighs herself, then returns to the locker room using the same path. Never to the right, or the left, always the same path. I guess the scale in the locker room just isn't good enough for her. For the life of me I can't figure out why no one has said anything to her but I guess if I live that long I'm gonna do whatever the hell I wanna do too. Next we have the farting fellow. He only shows up about once a week but when he does it always a gas! (He-HE!) He has a special talent for finding me no matter where I am in the gym and when he does the fun begins. Since I spend so much time on the treadmill I'm usually pretty easy to spot. He starts walking on the treadmill (next to me of course) then around the 5th minute of exercise the farting begins. First quietly, then louder, then the laughing begins. He seems to find himself quite amusing and laughs throughout his entire workout. I am convinced that he waits until I have invested too much time in my workout to relocate myself then, he moves in for the kill. I swear, this world get weirder and weirder everyday. But, I guess I will go to the gym when I get off work. Wouldn't want to miss all the entertainment!!! TTFN

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost