Monday, February 16, 2004

I had the pleasure of spending a day last weekend with Grandma Tubs, my nephew Josh and my mom. (If your interested we call her Tubs because she was very skinny until she hit her 50's then she gained weight and got kinda tubby hence the name Tubs) I know most people don't enjoy spending time with their families however God has blessed me with a wonderful family of strong black women so I enjoy any chance I get to hang out with them. Anyway....We took Tubs to a doctor's appointment for her high blood pressure. After driving all the way to San Francisco I didn't want to drive my car any further so we took her car to the appointment. She has a 1993 Saturn with 30,0000 miles ( yep that's it) so we all piled in. I reached down to adjust the front seat and grabbed something sharp. It was about the size of a butcher knife with a long curved rusty blade and a wooden handle. When I asked her what it was she replied "girl,that's just my shank for anyone who acts up." I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, she sleeps with a bat next to her bed, would not hesitate to use the arsenal of weapons in her purse, and my grandfather use to call her "The Hammer". (She has just a little bit of a temper problem!) I tried to tell her that she can't drive around with a shank in her car but she said she would do whatever she wanted. My mother just sat in the backseat laughing. (I guess she already knew my attempts to persuade Tubs to my way of thinking were futile) After the doctors appointment Tubs decided she wanted some strawberries and told us exactly what grocery store to go too. She sat in the car while my mother went into the store. Parked in a handicap spot directly across from us was an elderly gentleman wearing a blue satin shirt, (unbuttoned almost to his stomach)several gold chains, black satin pants, and gators (or is it gaiters?). He was shining his car with a towel and flirting with whoever happened to walked by. She looked at me and said, "What is he suppose to be a pimp?" I though so but didn't say anything. She watched him for a little longer then said "The worst fool is an old fool." Well at that point I completely lost it, I was laughing so hard I almost spilled my Soy Caramel Macchiato (my drink of the month) all over the car. We ended our day with dinner and a movie (Veggie Tales, Josh picked it out). Later on that evening I went to Bible Study, Wal-mart, the grocery store, the Gym, then finally to bed.........Goodnight.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost