Sunday, February 29, 2004

When it rains, it pours. After working 6 hour of OT on my off day (ugh!) I rear ended someone while trying to drive to my hair appointment. It was raining and as I attempted to stop my car at an intersection I hydroplaned into the vehicle in front of me. The guy driving the car immediately reaches for his neck, then starts to pull over to the right. (I was thinking fool, you know there's nothing wrong with your neck, don't even try it!) I pulled over behind him then all of a sudden he sped off. I though he was trying to find a better place to stop so I followed him but after about a block or so going 50 mph I realized he was trying to get away. At this point my rational side took over. I realized that 1. I rear ended him and was at fault. 2. I already pay enough for car insurance and I don't need my rates to go up and 3. I was going to be late for my hair appointment.( based on the fact that my short hair cut was starting to look like an Afro this was unacceptable) Anyway I stopped following him and went to my appointment. During my 3 hours at the salon the temperature dropped enough that the rain turned into hail the size of quarters (which never happens in Oakland). When I arrived at the shop I made the decision to run from my car to the salon without my umbrella because I was late. I ended up leaving my appointment with a newspaper over my head. I almost fell down on the way back to the car thanks to the hail all over the sidewalk and when I got to the car I found a $50 ticket on my windshield for parking partially in the yellow zone. (working for a police department you would think I'd know better) Overall I guess I should be pretty happy, my car only had a small crack in the bumper and at least the ticket was only $50.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost