Saturday, February 19, 2005

My Money Melts!

Hiddie Ho!

I promised BEG I'd blog about our girls night out last Thursday, and I will...tomorrow.

First I have to vent (yup, more outta me). I'm actually feeling so much better than last week. I'm no longer PMS'n and the world seems brighter with every passing second. Only, I'm a little disappointed. Have you ever started out the day with a full agenda, then something shiny catches your eye and the rest of your day is spent counting pennies, IOU slips, sellable socks, toe rings and anything else you deem remotely valuable in order to attain said shiny object? That's pretty much how my day went today.

The PLAN:
1. Up at 8am
2. Gym by 930am
3. Back by 10:30-11am
4. House cleaning till 12pm
5. Rehearsal at 2pm
6. Visit with the folks at 6:30pm
7. Meet up with visiting cousin at 8pm
8. Home about 10pm to prepare for gig tomorrow

My day actually went like this:
1. Up at 9am
2. Signed up for Netflix 2 week trial at 10am (that's when I got this GREAT idea. I'll buy a DVD Recorder and finally get rid of all those space consuming VHS Tapes, AND I can dub the all of the rented DV...uhh...umm...I'm just going to use the recorder to dub my paid for VHS Tapes...and that's it.)
3. Internet surfing for DVD Recorders till 1:30pm
4. Rehearsal at 2:30pm (I'm chronically late)
5. Best Buy store #1 at 6:30p
6. Best Buy store #2 at 7:30p
7. Best Buy store #3 at 8:30p (where I purchased my new Sony DVD Recorder!)
8. Home at 10pm
9. Guilt call to BEG (my over-spending accountability partner)
10. Shameful - nay - despicable cursing relapse at 10:15pm when I discovered I purchased the wrong DVD-Recordable disks!!! ^%$#!!*&^%&%#&^&^&*!!!!

I really have a problem with electronics. I Love 'em way too much. Electronics are to me what clothes are to Ja-me, and furniture is to BEG. I love it all, printers, computers, cd players, dvd players, vcr's, electric guitars, keyboards, speakers, heaters, pocket pc's...pretty much anything you need to plug in . I get all antsy and excited just thinking about them!! Get your mind outta the gutter BEG.

Unfortunately I dont get to play with my new DVD Recorder tonight, but I guess this is just another lesson in the area of patience... God knows I need to get better with that one.

Oh! Ja-me, have you (or anyone else) ever heard of "Ali G"? He's a white gangsta-rapper wanna-be from the U.K. (an actor), but he actually looks like he's Middle Eastern to me. Anyways, when I was at Best Buy store #3, the guy who helped me reminded me of him! I had this very strong urge to talk with my "British" accent, but I didnt want to offend him, plus he hadnt yet found the recorder I wanted, and I didnt want to piss him off before he got me my "precious". "It's ours and we wants it!" (havent you seen Lord of The Rings?)

Always in love...unless you look like Smeagol from the Lord of the Rings and try to take my precious, pretty precious Sony DVD Recorder...sneaky little hobbitses...wicked, tricksy, false hobbitses!

Lambchop~

Happy Gilmore Quote-
Shooter: "I eat pieces of sh*t like you for breakfast!"
Happy Gilmore: "You eat pieces of sh*t for breakfast?"

5 comments:

B.E.G said...

Nope never heard of him. As usual your crazy.

Ka said...

hehe bright shiny objects will get you everytime.Ali g is retarded, he actually has his own show and my reaction ranges from loud ridiculous laughter to wanting to punch him throught the tv.

Chops said...

Kashata~
LOL! I have only seen his video in the stores and I saw a preview. I'm going to rent it this week and I'll comment on it later. He must be pretty annoying for you to want to punch him through a TV! Ha!

Lambchop~

Meka said...

I just recently heard about Ali G. I was reading Entertainment weekly and they were saying he was the next Chris Rock. I watched the show and was not impressed. Maybe I need to see it more than once. I'm the same way about shoes. I have done many a shameful things to get a pair of shoes. I sold one of my textbooks to get a pair. And I needed that book. I sat in Con. Law looking stupid for the next month cause I didn't have the book. But my shoes were fly:)

Chops said...

Meka~
Ohh Girl! You sold your Law Textbook??? LMAO! Those shoes must have been FABULOUS!! You are too funny!
Lambchop~

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost