Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Confidence is soooo sexy!

Praise be to God! I woke up this morning and realized it wasn't a dream! I really AM on vacation! Woohoo!!!

I just got up and it's almost 11am. Lovin it! My friend D is out at work until 3pm today so I have her place to myself. I just put in "The Corrs" cd and I'm ready to tell you about yesterday.

So I slept late yesterday and when I did get up all I could think about was food. I walked to the store and wanted to buy so much but I had to remember I had to walk the 3 blocks back to D's house. I was really nervous because I usually don't even walk down my own residential street, but I was pretty sure that I could make it. Now if you added another block or two to that I probably would be dead in a ditch somewhere around here because I overestimated my physical condition.

I pretty much just ate and ate and re-watched Napoleon Dynamite while D was working from home all day. At about 7pm she had to go audit an acting class (did I tell you she was an very talented aspiring actress?). When she got back about 10pm we rushed to make it out to Vince to go to this Jazz restaurant (live band!!).

See that's what I love about LA. You can go out any night of the week and expect the club/restaurant to be open until about 2am! This would be an excellent thing in the bay, specifically for BEG (the vampire worker).

The club was excellent! I loved the ambiance (oohh la la) and I loved the band. The club was multicultural (which I love) and way smaller than Yoshis (Oakland) but it was able to hold a good deal of diners, drinkers and eclectic dancers.

When D and I walked in there was a large group of guys standing at the door. They obviously realized just how fierce we were cause they all kept staring as we made our way through the crowd to the restroom (I had my hair in twist outs and D is so fly with her bald head!).

We ate dinner and watched the show. We made sure not to sit too close together as not to give off the impression of being lesbian lovers (probably would have given us a lot of play though).

I really had to admire these very "fair" folks in the front row. They were just moving and swaying and dancing as much as possibly allowed in their chairs. Though they were severely off beat they did their thing! Without a care in the world they let it all go! That's really cool.

There was this guy across from our table who I felt was looking at us, so I glanced at him and was just shocked at how attractive he was. I have to admit that it's very rare that I see "fair" guys that I'm attracted to other than on the TV or movie screen, but this guy was really "W'hot". He had dark hair and a really great profile (italian I think). I didn't want to look directly at him because I didn't want to catch his eye. I'm firm believer that you need to see the whole face before making a decision on whether to flirt (reference Blacksheeps song "strobe light honey"). So I asked Dawn to see if she could get a better look from where she was sitting - discreetly. At first she said that he was "w'hot" but then she said she got a good frontal look and it was very deceiving, so that was the end of that. I finally saw for myself that she was right, but man was his "profile" w'hot.

So as the end of the night began to loom, D and I were approached by some guys that I had peeped watching us from the bar earlier. The guys found a booth directly behind us and the more outgoing one turned and asked us "Did you guys eat here? Was the food good?"

Now let me say that this was a very retarded thing to ask because as I said, I saw them watching us shovel our faces with food on and off all night, so they knew dang well we ate there. Secondly, the restaurant was no longer serving food as it was about 1am and they close at 2am, so why the hell do you want to know if the food is good NOW???

Anyways, the guys name is Kwasi (he's from Ghana- African) and his very quiet, very drunk friend's name is Joe. Kwasi was a riot. He told us that his last name was Kunta Kinte. We didn't believe him at first but then he kept on saying it was true, so eventually we were like "Oh. Sorry. Well isnt that nice". Then he said his full name was Kwasi Mandingo Kunta Kinte. At that point I realized that he was severely deranged in need of a good therapist.

D and Kwasi seemed to kick it off, talking about different countries and the like so I excused myself to the restroom since I'd been holding it for a looooong time. When I got back the scene was the same. D and Kwasi talking intently while Joe sat there on the side looking lost, abandoned and defeated (poor thing).

When I sat back down D decided to go to the restroom too. When she left Kwasi got all close to me and started asking me personal questions. I asked him about what he did for a living and what was his passion. He works as a Business Analyst during the work day and a photographer when he's off. We talked about passion for awhile and laughed a lot. Later on during the conversation he asked me what type of shoes I had on. I said boots and he decided to put his hand on my ankle and work his way up to my knee (supposedly to determine how long the boot was). He told me that I know I shouldn't have worn the long boots cause they're way too sexy (Riiiiiight. That's only a little bit cornier than his opening line).

He asked me about my "boyfriend/children" situation and I told him I had 5 kids. He told me that's soooo sexy and he wanted to get my number. Hell, maybe my ex-boyfriends current wife was onto something there! He told me he had 7 kids and we should combine and have our own village. I just went along with it cause I knew he had to be kidding. He then told me that we could allow inbreeding in our little village. Once again an alarm went off in my head that this guy, though he seems really cool, is a total freak. I had to be honest and tell him his comment made me very uncomfortable and I was becoming very concerned about his mental health.

He told me he was inbred, and was totally serious. He said his dad married his first cousin and they produced him. Unconsciously I started to inch away from him. Not that it would have been his fault, but he might have an extra leg or foot or something worse hidden somewhere out of direct view. Of course he was just messing with me.

But anyway, D finally got back from the restroom and a very short conversation she had with silent, drunk Joe. I asked Kwasi to take a picture of D and me and he willingly obliged. He was really into it and took like a billion pictures (almost all of which I surprisingly looked HORRIBLE. I'd love to blame it on the photographer but I cant...can I?). I took a few pics of D, Kwasi and Joe and then Joe took some pics of D, Kwasi and I. Kwasi kissed D on the cheek in one pic and kissed me on the cheek in another. I told him he must mistakenly think he's a pimp. He didnt laugh. Very disturbing.

Finally we left and he asked for our numbers. I gave him my home # cause I rarely answer that phone anyway. It's not that I didn't think he was cool but I think he had some serious underline issues. I gave him the right number though cause he was really nice and as a friend I think he would be really cool. But if he turns into a stalker I can program my phone accordingly (a constant issue for me - just because I must attract the crazies).

D and I talked on the way home about guys. The mutual consent was that confidence is the key. Kwasi was a good looking guy. He was dark chocolate and he had really pretty eyes. When I saw him earlier he didn't do anything for me, but when he went out on a limb (a very corny limb) and approached us with this respectful confidence I had to say I was very intrigued and attracted. Joe wasn't as confident. He pretty much let his friend dominate the entire conversation with TWO women! I'm sorry, you can be a good friend and let your boy have a try at the girl he's been eyeing, but TWO girls? C'mon now. He left poor Joe looking like the odd man out. That's just ridiculous. I didn't find Joe attractive but I think that he would at least have been mildly attractive if he'd have been more confident. This is probably an ongoing issue with him. Hope he gets it together!

So D said she was waaay attracted to Kwasi physically, but wouldn't date him. I said I was attracted to his confidence, and still wouldn't date him. Something about a man who could or could not be named Mandingo Kunta Kinte, could or could not have a pesky shoe fetish, could or could not have 7 kids, could or could not be into inbreeding his future kids, and could or could not himself be a product of inbreeding just doesn't do it for me. I guess I'll keep on waiting for Boris.

So for all you guys out there (normal or not), remember when you see what you want, go for it. Just be VERY respectful and kind. Even guys who most girls consider not very attractive can get a big boost because they didnt just gawk at the girl, but they actually approached her respectively. Now, after that's done, the key is knowing when to walk away. Don't stick around trying to monopolize her whole night unless she makes it VERY clear she doesn't want you to leave. Besides, mysterious is just as sexy as confidence....notice I said mysterious, not underhanded and dog-like. This doesn't mean you shouldn't give her your home number and months after the relationship has started still not let her see your place or meet anyone you know. That's not mysterious, that's just plain stupid.

Enough rantings. I can sum this whole blog up by saying confidence is soooooo sexy!

Have a blessed work week y'all. I'll have a great vacation week! Don't hate.


BEG - D said there was some ethiopian restaurant in SF like the one I went to last night. We gotta try it.

Ja-me - did you finish the book? That Rebecca is off the hook!

P.S. I love my girl with my whole heart. She's like a sister to me, but I'm getting soooo sick of her eating off of my plate I could scream! At dinner she took her used fork and rolled it around my entire plate to get an ample amount of lettuce and ceasar dressing on it. Luckily I was just about done anyway. Man that's sick! The thing that gets me is that like me, some people arent cool with that. And being that this is true you would think more people would be considerate enough to ask before they take it upon themselves to soil your good food with thier germ infested slobber. I repeat that I have no problem sharing, just not off of my plate. I'll buy you one so we both can enjoy our meal in peace. AAAHHHH!

Always in love (unless....well you know)
Lambchop~



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEG - everyone at work thinks that last post was you! I knew at the Corrs that it wasn't....
;)
yarnagogo

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost